We treat ethics as an integral part of our business activities. We are determined to make Statoil known for its high ethical standards. Our values embody the spirit and energy of Statoil at its best.
The group requires high ethical standards of everyone who acts on our behalf and will maintain an open dialogue on ethical issues, internally and externally. We also expect our business partners to have ethical standards compatible with our own.
The Statoil Ethics Code of Conduct describes the requirements which apply to our business practice. Together with our values statement, it constitutes the basis and framework for the performance culture we want to develop.
Our values are at the core of our management system. They drive our performance and guide us in how we do business, work together, and act towards external stakeholders. Commitment to our values, in words and actions, is not negotiable.
Our intention is to build an even stronger Statoil.
- Be imaginative, ambitious and stimulate new ideas
- Use foresight, and identify opportunities and challenges
- Challenge accepted truths and enter unfamiliar territory
- Make clear demands on each other and push for constructive change
- Understand and manage risk
- Be truthful and act with integrity
- Be curious, work together and share experience
- Promote and value diversity
- Communicate in a precise way, give and accept constructive feedback
- Bring up ethical issues and challenges immediately
- Deliver on promises
- Continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness and customer orientation
- Strive for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities
- Act decisively and be loyal to decisions
- Show dedication and endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details
- Cause zero harm to people and prevent accidents
- Reduce the negative impact of our activities and products on the environment
- Act within the law and comfortably within our own ethical policy
- Demonstrate social responsibility and contribute to sustainable development
- Respect the individual, help others to succeed and contribute to a positive working environment