Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 36 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges. In just a few years Statoil has positioned itself as one of the largest lease holders in deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GoM). Our GoM portfolio is managed out of our Houston office. The Statoil Houston office, which was established in 2002, also manages our Alaska, Marcellus, Eagle Ford and Bakken shale gas portfolios. To date Statoil has invested more than USD $11 billion in US upstream activities, and currently produces more than 150,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. We have US offices located in Anchorage, Austin, Houston, Stamford and Washington D.C. USA, and are looking for talented people to contribute to our growing activity base.
Development and Production North America (DPNA) aims to develop a material and profitable position in North America, including deepwater Gulf of Mexico, unconventional gas and oil sands. In doing this, we will establish capability centres for deepwater and unconventional gas operations as well as carbon efficient oil sands extraction. This will ensure our further development in the area.
- Line manager for drilling and well engineers in the unit. Hence; responsible for resource utilization and competence development. This includes responsibility for supplying engineering resources to the operational phase
- Discipline and work process responsible for the planning phase of all drilling and well activities in the unit
- Responsible for communication with Petroleum Technology/Exploration in the planning phase of D&W activities
- Ensure good HSE focus in the planning process
- Accountable for sector KPIs
- Ensure experience transfer between planning department and operational teams in the sector
- Ensure good cooperation with local Support sector, other planning units, the TPD Drilling & Well organisation and other relevant teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience from drilling and well activities
- Relevant cross discipline experience within drilling and well technology, including exploration drilling
- Wide organizational / network experience is an advantage
- Experience as Lead drilling or well engineer is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of US offshore regulations
- Strong leadership qualifications and ability to motivate employees
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of D&W operations/activities
- Team player with good communication skills
- High ethical awareness and focus on Statoil's values and HSE goals
- Structured, process oriented and hands on
- Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.