Our social responsibility policy is firmly anchored in the nine corporate policies set out in the Statoil Book.
Our social responsibility is also further grounded in our ethical policy and principles , also detailed in the Statoil Book.
We contribute to sustainable development based on our core activities in the countries where we work.
We are committed to
- Making decisions based on how they affect our interests and the interests of the societies around us
- Ensuring transparency, anti-corruption, and respect for human rights and labour standards
- Generating positive spin-offs from our core activities to help meet the aspirations of the societies in which we operate
How we work
- We identify needs, expectations, development opportunities, and mitigating actions based on stakeholder dialogue, and risk- and impact assessments
- We ensure professional planning of our social responsibility activities and integrate them in our business planning
- We follow up the execution of our social responsibility activities and measure the effects of our actions, both internally and externally
- We engage in the promotion of human rights, good governance and anti-corruption projects in countries in which we do business
- We respect the rights of indigenous people
- We hire and develop local people and promote local sourcing
- We ensure that local suppliers comply with applicable laws and meet our expectations
- We work with others to help establish sustainable local enterprises and support the efforts of our suppliers to close gaps to reach our standards
- We exchange experience with national partners and support education and skill building in oil and gas-related disciplines to build lasting capability
- We undertake sustainable social investment projects in involved communities to enable participation in socio-economic development
- We work with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or other partners to increase the effectiveness of our social responsibility activities.