Statoil’s procurement process is based on competitive tendering and on the principles of transparency, non-discrimination and equal treatment of tenderers.
Statoil develops, integrates and implements procurement strategies to achieve the best possible agreements for the group.
This is achieved through a category-based approach to goods and services, based on a coordinated control of demand, the global market situation and robust analyses in order to minimise risk in the execution phase.
The suppliers must be prequalified in order to compete for tenders.
Statoil subscribe to the following pre-qualification systems with products and services related to:
- Oil & Gas activities in Norway and Denmark and East Africa: Achilles Joint Qualification
- Generation and distribution of electricity in Norway, Sweden and Denmark: Sellihca Qualification -”Sellihca”
- Oil & Gas activities in UK and Netherlands: First Point Assessment Ltd
- Oil & Gas activities in USA and Canada (upstream, midstream, downstream): ISNetworld
- Oil & Gas activities in Brazil: Cadfor
- Generation and distribution of electricity, distribution grids for gas, heat, cooling, drinking water etc in UK: Utility Vendor Data Base
- Construction and building activities in Norway: StartBANK